Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Australian-english. How easy is it?

I have studied english in Holland. At that time I didn't know that english is that difficult. I had always thought isn't that hard to speak. Althought I didn't used english that often in Holland I didn't realize I will find it difficult to be speaking and thinking in english.
Now i am relocated in Australia. I had at first a lot trouble understanding Australian. Most Australian pronounces english different then I was used to. I think because there is a lot of foreign people living in Australia they all have developed their own accent.

1 comment:

just_susan said...

Hello Nancy,
Welcome to IELTs. It's great to have you aboard. I look forward to your input in class on Wednesdays.

Yes, you must have found the Australian accent very different to what you were used to. Of course, not all Australians sound alike either so that would add to the confusion. Never mind, you will be an expert in accents by the time you are finished here.

Regards
Susan H